As we strive to maintain our position as the best possible hosting solution for our clients, we do have several policies,
which we do abide by, and actively enforce.
IMPORTANT NOTE - GHQNet reserves the right to deactivate any site or any of its members at any time for
activity or site content deemed inappropriate, based on the sole discretion of the GHQNet Admins. Any of the following conditions may
result in deactivation of a site or its members:
Restrictions include, but are not limited to: Sexual content (nudity, patial nudity, eroticism), profanity, spamming, hate speech or
references, references to software piracy ('warez', 'cracking', etc.), references to 'hacking', potentially illegal MP3 files, accessing
GHQNet content via an automated script, ads of any kind other then those that GHQNet chooses to show, and any illegal activity of any
kind. This includes links or references to any of the above content.
GHQNet constantly monitors the content of its Sites to assure compliance. To report inappropriate content, send an
email to email@example.com with the date, time, and location of the content.
Definition: The posting of large quantities of useless, or repetitive information, generally done to reduce the speed of a webserver.
The posting of spam on GHQ is non-tolerable. It slows down the sites for yourself, for other users of your alliance, and other alliances. For this reason, any user caught spamming (as deemed by the Administrators of GHQNet), will be dealt with according to the following actions:
||The user will suffer a fixed-length 24 hour ban from any GHQNet
||The user will suffer a 48 to 72 hour ban from GHQNet, depending on the severity of the offence
||The user will suffer an indefinite ban from GHQNet
No Warnings will be issued
GHQNET will remain neutral in our investigations, however all decisions will be final based on proof.
and available to the Site Owner of the user in question.
Unsolicited Email (Spam)
Unsolicited commercial advertisements (spam) are not allowed in e-mail, and will likely result in account cancellation.
(Note: Not all accounts will offer GHQNet mail)
GHQNet takes a zero-tolerance approach to spam originating from our server(s).
The following activities are not allowed:
- Unsolicited bulk or commercial messages ("spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, charity requests, petitions for signatures, and political or religious tracts. Such messages may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it from your domain.
- Forging, altering or removing electronic mail headers is prohibited. Any site/user sending stealth spam will be terminated without warning
- Sending numerous copies of the same or substantially similar message with the intent to disrupt a server or account ("mail bombing").
- Mail may not be used to harass or intimidate others. Harassment, whether through language, frequency of messages, or size of messages, is prohibited. Sending a single unwelcome message may be considered harassment. If a recipient asks to stop receiving e-mail, you must not send that person any further messages.
- Providing spam ware (software used to send bulk email or software used to harvest email addresses) or links to sites providing spam ware is strictly prohibited and subject to demand for removal or account cancellation. Note: If you use the services of another provider (including but not limited to the use of address lists obtained from a third party vendor or provider) to promote a web site hosted by GHQNet (spamvertising), then the provisions of the above Policy shall apply as if the spam were sent through our servers.
Intellectual Property Rights
Material accessible to you through GHQNet’s services may be subject to protection under the United States or other copyright laws, or laws protecting trademarks, trade secrets or proprietary information. Except when expressly permitted by the owner of such rights, you must not use GHQNet or its servers and network in a manner that would infringe, violate, dilute or misappropriate any such rights, with respect to any material, which you access or receive through the GHQNet network.
GHQNet resides in Bedford, Texas (USA). Thereby US Federal and State law applies with regards to any and all information posted on GHQNet. As a result, any item fulfilling the following definition are not welcome on GHQNet, or linked off GHQNet:
Software that is not a) Freeware, or b) Shareware
DIVX OR VCD files pertaining to the subject of Copyrighted Movies.
MP3s that pertain to the subject of Copyrighted Music
Pornography of any format/medium
Definition: To gain access to (a user, computer file or network) illegally or without the express consent of the user.
Any user found attempting to, hack or crack GHQNet, will face a permanent ban from GHQNet.
Each user has a GHQNet account. If it is evident that a person/persons are using
another's' account, without express written (by ICQ or Email), permission, the user/users will face a permanent ban from GHQNet.
GHQNet may be required to contact a user via Email (or ICQ if applicable). As such we request that both are accurately listed on your user profile page. All Emails sent by
GHQNet Administrators will be sent from either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Site Owners; You must ensure that you provide GHQNet with an accurate and valid email address (that is checked daily), and a valid ICQ UIN Number. If GHQNet Administrators need to contact you they will do so through the two Email accounts listed above, or ICQ.
If this information is not correct, it may result in the closure of your site until such a time as this information is provided.
These policies are aimed to provide the best possible hosting solution to our clients whilst observing legal requirements.